Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Frugal Kitchen: Easy Maple Granola!




Easy Maple Granola

Ingredients:

2 cups rolled oats
2 TSP flax seed
1/3 cup chopped walnuts(optional)
1/3 cup Coconut oil
1/3 cup Maple Syrup
1 TSP Vanilla Extract

Directions: preheat oven to 350 degrees. I mix all dry ingredients together then mix all wet ingredients and add them into the dry mix and stir thouroughly. I spread the wet granola mix onto a cookie sheet and bake for about 18- 20 minutes till mixture is dry and golden brown. Stir it a few times during baking to make sure edges dont burn.
For this recipe I double to feed my family of 5.

Variations: After mix comes out the oven I add cinnamon and raisins. You add your favorite spices and dried fruits after it comes out the oven.

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good!! I'm gonna have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if I can use old fashioned Quaker Oats for this?

    ReplyDelete

Free homeschool teaching resources
Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
Mama to 3
Tot School